Trainings and workshops for leaders and teams
These highly interactive sessions can be offered as public workshops or as work sessions, tailored to your organization’s needs and priorities. They are designed for the mixed level of expertise and experience that is typical of a team. Since we learn and retain more by doing rather than sitting through lectures, these sessions involve time for skill-building, individual reflection, and break-out discussions. Each session ends with priority setting about ‘next steps’, to help translate your renewed energy and expanded knowledge into effective action on the job.
Contact us if you’d like to bring any of these workshops to your organization.
Click on the “+” to read more about our workshops:
This workshop will be useful for managers and leaders at all levels, including emerging, established, aspiring, and accidental leaders. It will be relevant for anyone who is curious about expanding their understanding and practice of leadership, in work and in life.
In this session, you will:
- Gain a greater understanding of authentic leadership
- Apply concepts through reflective and experiential exercises
- Develop greater self-awareness and identify personal opportunities for growth
DiSC Work Style Assessments. This individual, online assessment is done in advance, and is a foundational piece of this workshop. The DiSC assessment:
- Fosters self-awareness
- Provides a common language to help teams understand one another and work better together
- Acts as a springboard for conversation and team building
- Improves employee and workplace communication
- Identify the factors that are holding you back from speaking up
- Increase your skills and confidence in how to identify and prepare for important conversations
- Articulate strategies to navigate high-stakes conversations effectively
Happiness is one of the most cherished of all human aspirations. Yet, we often treat happiness at work as a fluffy indulgence. Maybe it’ll happen, but most organizations don’t make it a priority. Here’s the good news: whether you’re managing a team, leading a campaign, or yearning for the satisfaction of a job well done, happiness matters.
Happiness is a mindset that supports you AND your mission: it enables you to maximize your performance, achieve your potential, and have more satisfaction doing it. (And don’t worry: we’re not talking about fake cheer and rose-colored glasses!)
Here’s what the research tells us about happy employees and their unhappy counterparts: happy employees take one-eighth as much sick leave, are 47% more productive, love their jobs 79% more, are 58% more likely to go out of their way to help their colleagues, and intend to stay in their jobs twice as long. What would greater happiness at work do for you? How would it affect your organization’s ability to achieve its ambitions?
In this lively session, you’ll:
- Understand why happiness at work is mission-critical
- Learn about recent research that makes the business case for why teams and organizations should invest in the factors that support happiness at work
- Develop strategies to foster greater workplace happiness for yourself and those around you
• Clarify board roles and responsibilities
• Revamp board meetings so they are more engaging, productive and fun
• Recruit and retain great board members
• Help the board evaluate its training needs and its performance
Are you passionate about a cause but uncomfortable with fundraising? Are you a nonprofit leader who would like to channel the board’s commitment into a more effective fundraising program? This session covers ways to:
• Strengthen your board’s fundraising confidence, skills, and effectiveness
• Identify and engage supporters in the important work of your organization
• Integrate fundraising into your current activities to expand support for your mission
And check here for upcoming public workshops and events.